Martha and Faith Ann finally arrived in Wellington on Saturday evening and we were so excited to see them! They've been in NZ since 7 April and have been in Auckland and Queenstown touring around and seeing this beautiful country. I picked them up from the airport and drove them home. (Side note: I never drive at night here and the roads aren't as clearly lined as they are in the US. We got home in one piece but I did have to put a little more concentration on the roads. :)
When we arrived at Stonehaven we were greeted by Ben and the kids. It didn't take long for them to warm up to them, especially with all the treasures they brought with them. :) We had a nice spinach lasagna dinner and I'm sure they were happy to have a home-cooked meal after eating out for 11 days. After dinner and finally getting the kids in bed, Martha, Faith Ann and I played some mean rummy. I won't say who won (ME) because it wouldn't be nice to rub in the (MY) victory. :) It's so wonderful to be with family and makes so thankful they have come all this way just to see us! (Well, and this amazing country as well.) And , now, we're off on more NZ Adventures!!
Here come Faith Ann and Martha, you can see Faith Ann in the window...right at the gate!
No comments:
Post a Comment