This year Easter was much different than years before. It wasn't filled with more chocolate that the kids could eat in a month, it wasn't filled with expensive outfits they wear once, and it wasn't filled with overflowing baskets of goodies. This year, Easter was simple. We talked about the Easter story, dyed eggs with Martha and Faith Ann (before they left) and had a few goodies from the Easter Bunny. We also had a fun morning tea at our friends' (Mrs. Sinead's) house. I have to say it has been so refreshing to have low-key holidays. Sure, it's fun and we'll get right back into the swing of things when we return home but we've learned so much being in NZ this year. We've learned that less is more sometimes. The kids have enjoyed each thing they've received because it's not overwhelming and not too much. I really hope to keep that alive when we get back to the US. It's so important that they appreciate what they get and learn that giving is more important than receiving. I know it will be hard with all the latest gadgets and toys in our faces but we want to be firm and hold on to the lessons we've learned this year.
The Easter Bunny, like Santa, left clues for the kids to find their goodies!
Clue #3: Look in a cabinet by the door...
Clue #4: Look where dad likes to study...
It's the little things...when the kids found their spades, they got soooo excited! I have never seen Calvin so happy, as well as MaeMae. That's what I mean, a little spade (from the backpack beach toy set) meant more to them than a $100 toy, hands down. So sweet!
Daddy's office! Sand toys!
Clue #5: Look where daddy keeps his socks.
First thing that they shouted when finding clue #5 was...under the bed! Daddy keeps his socks under the bed! And, well, yes you will find his socks there most of the time, the real answer was his sock drawer. :)
Clue #6: Look where you keep your shoes.
Clue #9: Look where you sleep.
Now on to the egg hunt! We, I mean, the EB had to hide the eggs upstairs in our guest room since it was raining...who knew the colors run when wet?
No comments:
Post a Comment