Friday, April 1, 2011

Mimi and Papaw have arrived!!!

Mimi and Papaw finally arrived on Sunday 27 March after a loooonnngg trip across the US and the Pacific Ocean. They came bearing heaps of gifts for one and all. It is so great to see them and we have lots planned for their quick visit.

Wellington Airport - we made it just in time to see them get off the plane and out of their gate. To see family again was just amazing and we are so thankful they got here safely.

We set off for downtown to hit the Harbourside Market and had a quick play at Te Papa while there. It rained a bit in town but, thankfully, cleared up in time for a nice walk to the beach.

Trekking down to "our" beach.

I purchased new lunch bags for the kids through LLBean, which Mimi brought to us. The kids were so excited to use them the minute they got them. So, they packed themselves a snack to take to the beach. What a great job they did choosing their own food. I was quite impressed.

The mom and dad got a picture together!


Our friend, Sinead, gave us this adorable skirt and shirt from her daughter, Emily. It is too cute and Caroline quite fancied twirling around in it all day.

Father and son looking out at the beautiful harbour.

Since the auto-focus is on the fritz on my Canon, I have to manual-focus alot. Sometimes I get a fuzzy photo but this one turned out to be a keeper. I was trying to get a shot of MaeMae's feet splashing in the water but instead I got a wonderful pic of them in the background with great rocks and water in the forefront, as well as a nice reflection of red.

Calvin and his Mimi. Mimi makes the best forts and finds the best boy toys a grandmama can find! She's had lots of practice with Ben and Jonathan!

They had a ball tossing rocks into the drain which was gushing with water. It's the simple thing in life that matter.

Just sweet.


Group shot! Ready to head back up the hill for tea (dinner).

For our first meal, Ben sauted a nice lemon fish while I worked on some potatoes, rice, vege and salad to complete our meal.

We had to get a good's night rest for it was off to Hawkes Bay Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment