It's been a long first week back to school/kindy but we made it! We started out on Monday with gymnastics for Calvin followed by gym for MaeMae on Tuesday and then ballet for MaeMae on Wednesday. They both are playing soccer (although MK quit about 5 minutes into the "game" this morning b/c she was "tired".) and it's going ok. Calvin likes it when he gets there but beforehand he'd rather eat broccoli than go. (Ok, not really but they both fight the soccer cause...hopefully that will change!)
Calvin is doing great in school and only had one separation issue on Friday morning. He did wonderfully all week. He's reading well and loves reading us his reading rockets and school books. Mary Katherine loves kindy and enjoys the independence she has while there, to play and do what she likes. She's starting to learn some basic stuff at home and is looking forward to a new kindy in SC!
Kodak moment of the week: Calvin and MaeMae were in the kitchen sitting at our counter while CW was going over his reading rocket. After he read through it he said, "ok, MaeMae, I'm going to teach you this reading rocket." And he proceeded to go through each word while MK repeated it after him. Then he said, "ok, good job, now you do it!" :) To which she said, "I can't!" and the precious Kodak moment was over. It was so sweet and I time stood still for those few precious moments of Calvin teaching his little sister and just loving on her. I watched from afar and didn't move as it was happening (thus missing out on snapping the Kodak moment on film). Oh well, it's etched in my memory forever and I plan to pull it out in about 5 years or so, when they are at each other's throats, and say "remember when...".
It's so hard to believe we are heading into our last 10 weeks of our time here in NZ. What an amazing year it's been! I've been praying and searching for answers to questions and am starting to get them! God is so good! I've enjoyed the time I've had "off" to be with the kids but also to work on my own personal development. I am so ready to get back home and start working and living with the purpose I feel God has given me. We'll cherish each moment while were are here as we prepare for our journey back home. Back to the South, back to where our roots were laid. To raise our children in the place of familiarity, love and security is such an amazing gift. It's amazing to see the journey you go on to get to the place you are supposed to be and it's exciting to know the journey ahead is going to be even more fabulous!
On Wednesday, Ben was on call and Steve worked late so me, Tanya and the kids ordered in pizza and had a fun movie night!
No comments:
Post a Comment