Thursday night my friend, Sinead, had an empty house (her hubby took the kids out of town) so she graciously had a girls only dinner party. She cooked a fab fish curry, had champagne waiting for us as we arrived and had cleaned the house all day. Jude made a wonderful plum crumble using plums she preserved from her plum tree. What a wonderful evening it was for us all. It was nice to eat dinner without getting up between each bite to get food/milk/water/more food/wipe a spill, etc... It was lovely to eat on a table cloth and with a place setting. I had forgotten what that looked like! And, it was awesome to have real adult conversation! What a fun evening...I'm gonna miss my extra good buddies, Sinead (the cute & sassy blond in the fab red dress at the head) and Jude (the ever-so-stylish beauty, first on the left).
Calvin is quite funny. Ever since Ben told him that goalie was an important position, he's staked his claim on the goalie box now for 2 weeks. Never mind the fact that his team is playing the field 4 to 2, he's ready and waiting for those stray shots to the box. He has defended several shots each week (when asked he'll tell you at least 9 or 10) but hasn't gotten the full idea of the game. I can't say I blame him. Goalie was my favorite position (and Ben's as well), less sweating and running around involved and I didn't have to remember all the positions. At least he'll get out there and play the whole time - or should I say stand the whole time. :)
Pre-game warm-up...the girls are behind Calvin...that's MaeMae checking to make sure her soccer socks are looking good.
For MK soccer is going, OK. Mary Katherine usually starts on Friday night with "I don't want to play soccer!". But, somehow, I can usually manage to at least get her jersey & $20 soccer socks on with her $10 shinguards (not to mention the $40 soccer cleats which are rubbish on the indoor turf & are collecting dust at the moment) for her big soccer "game" on Saturday morning. Not trying to be negative...it's a great experience for both of them to play and learn team sports and we are trying to instill the lesson of sticking with something until the end and not quitting. And, she'll usually do the drills part (with a little pushing & nudging onto the court) but after that she's done...finite...too tired. :) So she plays with Caroline, who would rather be on the court playing soccer! Oh well, at least MaeMae is in the team picture and can say she "played" soccer!
No comments:
Post a Comment