Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving and other updates

Caroline is such a little ham. She always "cheeses" it up for the camera. She's also a little mimic, repeating every action you do. She's quite good at copying and always give us a good wee laugh.

Calvin received his cricket hat last week and was so proud to wear it. He's really enjoying learning the new sport and has a blast with his buddies. They are just learning the skills of the game, which is a great thing since we know zippo about the sport. He's got a great arm on him, as his coach, Dave, as told me.

Mary Katherine enjoyed sporting Calvin's new hat while he was at school. The green shirt and green hat really brought out the green in MaeMae's eyes that day. She's such a ham as well. I see where Caroline gets it!

The girls were home when a package from Mimi and Papaw arrived! They were so excited to get their treats. Thank you Mimi and Papaw!!!

Slinkys!!! They have enjoyed them thoroughly, throwing them down the stairs, wrapping them around each other and tossing them about. What a great idea! Toy Story 3 was another gift Mimi sent and, of course, that was a huge hit!


Princess MaeMae and Princess Maisie on a playdate. They were so cute playing princess and dress-ups and flitting about the house. It's so funny to see how "girly" MaeMae is because I don't remember being that way at all growing up. It's so much fun, though, and I'm happy she has such a vivid imagination.

This is the first time since probably July Caroline has worn a skirt with no leggings, to cover her legs so when I put this one on, she didn't know what to think of it. At 16 months, she's become so aware of things and she noticed her legs weren't covered and even tried to pull it off.

Quickly she realized what it was and just loved it. She was giddy almost with the ruffles and girlyness of it all.

Thanksgiving Dinner for the McIntyres! Roast chicken (turkeys are waaay expensive - $80 or so a bird!), green beans, corn on the cob (frozen, corn must be scarce here as well. I've yet to see a full stalk of corn), mashed potatoes and homemade apple pie (I even made the piecrust, Mimi! :) It was the first dinner that we didn't have heaps of leftovers. It was a very quiet dinner but it was nice to celebrate in our own little way. We surely missed our family and friends but know next year we'll be together.

Peeling apples and watching Toy Story 3!

Homemade Apple Pie. It was one of the best pies I've ever made, if I do say so myself. :)

Our chicken, pre-oven.

Our chicken, post-oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment