We finally arrived in the little town of Omori and found our lakehouse rental. What a beautiful home with a spectacular view! We unloaded the cars and got settled and fixed some supper. Spaghetti...only an "american" dish would do and then we celebrated MaeMae's birthday early with grandma and grandpa. It was so fun and I even made cupcakes...with homemade icing. Um, yes, the icing...remember Calvin's red monstrosity? Just think pink little monstrosities with even more runny icing. I need me some Betty Crocker icing in a tub! Everyone liked them just as well but I really do like to make pretty cakes for my kids. :)
Funny: The next day we had one cupcake left and MaeMae kept bugging me to eat it. Well, she got tired of me telling her to wait so she climbed onto the counter, got the cupcake AND the sprinkles and sat down, very quietly, to eat it - bite by bite topped with sprinkles on each bite, trying to go unnoticed. It was hilarious when we saw what she was up to. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment