Friday mom and dad had fun with the kids at the playground and around the lake house. They were worn out, as were they, when Ben and I got home from our hike. We had our last meal at the beautiful lake and tidied up before we headed out Saturday morning. We took one last trip down to the lake side Saturday before we left to get some pictures and play in the water. Of course, that probably wasn't the best idea since all the clothes were packed in the suitcases crammed in the trunks. I didn't pack extras, lesson learned. :)
It was an amazing trip full of laughter, good times, good food and memories. The scenery was gorgeous and mom and dad loved every minute of it, as did we.
Family photo...it only took a dozen or so to get one good one! :)
Ben took Calvin and MaeMae down to the lake before dinner one night and they loved throwing the pumice stones into the water. They were amazed how they floated unlike normal rocks that sink down to the bottom. The shore was lined with beautiful pumice stones of all shapes and sizes. We brought some home as souvenirs.
I used to do this in pics all the time when I was little...raise one arm. I have no idea why I did that but when I can capture my little ones doing it, I have to get it on film. So cute!
Grandma and grandpa bought Calvin this cool "haka" shirt at the gift store at Wai-o-Tapu. It has the Maori words to a traditional haka and the kids got a good laugh at me trying to perform the haka for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment