Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Nitpickin'

Today, we took nitpickin' to a different level.

Mary Katherine woke up today scratching the back of her head. I looked at it and just saw some red patches. Well, she continued to scratch periodically and when I took a look this afternoon, much to my dismay, she had nits! (or as we call them in the US, head lice) OMG! is all I can say! We had some friends over to play so I quickly scooped everyone up and drove the girls home and headed straight for the pharmacy. Their mum and a new friend told us to get the shampoo to get rid of them and had actually warned me about them a couple weeks ago. Apparently, they are pretty common here, especially in the schools.

We promptly returned home and went to work on MaeMae's hair. Shampoo, wait 3 minutes, rinse, repeat. It was amazing how quickly the product worked and I was happy to see the pesky little nits drop like flies. :) The kit even came with a preventative spray and nit comb which I will be using often to avoid this nasty little occurrence again. And, we've all had our heads shampooed to prevent any further infestation.

Team Mama - 1
Team Nits - 0






No comments:

Post a Comment