I'm getting more and more comfortable with driving but do still get nervous rounding the curves on the way home from the village. This lane hugs the seaside and in a few points the road totally drops off on the side into the water. So, I have to really concentrate and focus to stay in my lane and so we don't end up in the Wellington harbour. Other than that, it's getting easier. :) Now, to tackle the roundabouts on my own. I'm waiting til I absolutely must go into the city to face those giants.
Monday, September 6, 2010
Luxury
Oh to drive again! We had our first day of using ol' Bluebell and man, what a luxury it is to have a car! I can drop the kids off at school and then come back home to do all my mommy chores, etc... It's so nice to have a 2nd car and I'm so thankful Ben found one just in time. We were getting a little overwhelmed with the whole "staying in the village/bus" thing although I do believe we'll miss it. It was really nice to be able to walk around and explore the village. You see so much more of a place when you walk it. I've definitely learned that much. I'm sure we'll still take the bus down to school from time to time for kicks, especially on nice days when we can hang out at the beach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment