No it's not a firecracker nor is it a crappy car...I dubbed our "new" vehicle Cherry Bomb in honor of one of my favorites songs by John Cougar Mellencamp, Cherry Bomb. Ben found this beauty in the paper, took it for a test drive on Monday and loved driving the Audi. I think it's a 97 or something like that, with over 100,000 miles but it runs good and will work for our time here. Never mind the chunk taken out of the steering wheel by some dog or the smoky interior. It's got 4 wheels and a running board. :) I'll drive the Camry since we have the carseats stuffed in the back. We finally got booster seats for the kids (yes, I know, I know...) and luckily, they all fit in the back of the Camry, just nice and cozy.
Because we had to go pick it up, I had to follow Ben home from the dealership. Now, this is only the 3rd time I've driven and I was quite nervous. I had to do roundabouts for the first time AND drive through the busy town of Petone. On Seaview Road (the one that runs parallel to the ocean with no rails), I only had 5 or 6 cars waiting patiently behind me as I drove well under the speed limit. I haven't figured out how to stay completely on my side of the road so until I can learn to NOT cross the middle line while driving I will continue to drive well under the speed limit. (and I really have no idea how fast I'm going b/c the speed limit signs are in kilometers. guess I'll just match my speedometer number to the one on the sign. works for me!) Thankfully, we made it home in one piece, no cars were harmed or hit in the process. :)
It's still taking time to not turn on the wipers when I want to do the turn signal but I can get from point A to point B and that is what counts, right?! That's a hard crease in the brain to turn but I'll get there. That crease will change so much, in fact, that I'll probably want to drive on the left side when we get back to the States. :) Stay off the road when the McIntyre's come home!
No comments:
Post a Comment