There are several reasons why ordering online is just magical...
1st - They deliver straight to your kitchen.
The delivery person brings the groceries into your kitchen and unloads the bags onto your kitchen floor or counter. From there, all you have to do is put away the groceries that have been packed in like categories so this chore is a cinch. They put all the cold goods together so you simply take your little bag to the fridge, open the door and place all your wonderful goodies away in one fell swoop. And, if you order ice cream or other frozen food, they put it in a freezer bag so you can enjoy a nice scoop of ice cream or such as cold as it was when it left the store. They wrap the glass jars in paper so they don't break on the way to your house. No more hauling in the many plastic bags, worrying if one may break on the way to the kitchen from the trunk splattering your goods all over the pavement 10 feet away from your doorstep, or taking 30 minutes to sort through all the bags trying to find where things go and where the bagger may have put that one item, etc...
Oh, funny story about the delivery guy we had this week...he had already made one delivery (he asked if I was from the States because of my accent) to our house so on his 2nd trip to our house (we've done this 3 times already) he brought in our hand-picked groceries inside and we said hello (Ben was home this time) and he asked, out of the blue, if we were Obama supporters. We answered...then he asked if we liked Bush. Then he went on to comment about some blunders Bush had made, etc... It was hilarious that this guy was so interested in our political views. I guess our government makes headlines all over the world. :)
2nd - It saves us at least 2 hours of shopping time and a ton of stress.
Shopping with 3 kids is no easy feat. I've done it so much now that I can do it pretty easily but it still takes forever, the kids want to grab the cool packaged items or toys and after about 30 minutes of riding in the buggy, they are ready to run down the aisles.
B.C. (before Caroline) I could stroll around with MaeMae in the buggy seat and Calvin in the cart part of the buggy and go along my happy way to do my shopping. When Caroline arrived, I'd strap her in the Baby Bjorn and put the other 2 in their reserved spots. Now, when Caroline could sit up (and got to heavy to be carried) it created a problem of where to put MaeMae because Caroline would obviously need to sit in the seat buckled in. At this point, I decided to put MaeMae and Calvin both in the cart part of the buggy which posed 2 problems. One, the amount of groceries I could get in one trip was drastically reduced. Second, at some point during the excursion, one of them would start getting "squished" by the growing load of food (or each other) and would die to get out and walk. Sometimes, they'd both be "squished" which meant both would walk, freely "alongside" the buggy, while I continued to shop in peace. :) Oh those times are in the past!
3rd - We save a ton of money not buying the extra junk to keep the kids quiet.
Online I can shop the sale prices, choose what I need for my meals through the week and find snacks for the kids all while avoiding the pitfalls of clever marketing and brightly packaged junk we always cave into during a trip to the store. Thus, more jingle in the pocket to spend on other items of necessity.
4th - I don't have to remember my list.
I can't tell you how many times I've gotten to the store only to realize I've left my trusty list of much needed items at home on the kitchen counter. Now, I don't have to remember my list! I can sit in my kitchen and grocery shop and look at my pantry & fridge to see what I need to order. One more thing to not have to remember! Oh the joy!
5th - The delivery charge is peanuts compared to the time, stress and money I am saved.
It costs anywhere from about $8 - $14 for delivery. The cost depends on the size of your order and our average cost has been $10. Oh my goodness, it is so worth it for us to pay $10 to have this glorious service. Why didn't I think of this sooner? My friend, Kelli in Charlottesville, always used Harris Teeter's service that is similar except they don't deliver. You simply pick up your groceries from the store, already packaged and paid for. This too is indeed a magnificent service and life-saver.
So, as you can see, this grocery service has proven to be a success in this household. Now, go and search for this in your area and be amazed at the time, stress and money you will save! You can thank me later. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment