Thursday, August 5, 2010

Another outing

After being in the house for 2 days we decided to get out and go into town on another bus adventure. We got on the bus but as we were going I realized we were not heading the way we needed to go. Instead of going to Jackson Street, which is a street lined with lots of neat little shops and restaurants we ended up in Lower Hutt. One of the stops was the mall so I was ok with that and we got off there. We played in the food court play area and bit then moseyed around.

It was great to get out but the kids were ready to head home after a while in the mall. So, we went back to the bus stop and attempted to get on the right bus. After getting on and handing over our money, the driver told us we were on the wrong one so we unloaded and waited. It took a while and it was really windy so I decided to walk down Queens Street to kill some time. Thankfully, Ben called us in the meantime and ended up picking us up. Another bus adventure down! I am determined to figure out the system! :)



The halfway point to the harbor/bus stop. I bet this would be a fun sledding hill, right into the water!

Waiting in the bus stop hutch. The water was really rough and an ocean freighter had docked in the harbor the night before so the kids had lots to watch while we waited.

Ham and cheese sammies while we wait ever so patiently.

Caroline and Mary Katherine looking out the window on the bus.

Snack time at the bakery on Queens Street down from the mall. After trying to get on the bus and then waiting for the correct bus I decided to walk us down to the thrift stores. On the way back we stopped for some cookies. Ben actually got off early from work and picked us up. YAY! What a relief. The bus stops downtown are a little more confusing than at our tiny little stop by our house so I was thrilled he picked us up and took us home.

No comments:

Post a Comment