Friday, August 13, 2010

Food

The food has really been wonderful, as I mentioned earlier in my posts. We look forward to the Harbour Market on Sundays. We find such fresh veggies and fruits. Here are a few things I've whipped up in the kitchen.


We bought a pack of 10 kiwis for $2NZ at the produce stand. I made kiwifruit muffins and cinammon raisin and apple bread from scratch. Just call me Betty (as in Betty Crocker :)

Rack of Lamb - turned out "beautifully" with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Simple yet fabulous! My first time cooking lamb.

My "crock-pot"

Mmm...roast beef...

It turned out wonderfully! Who need the big ol' crock pot taking up room in the kitchen when all you need is some tin foil. :)

Nutella on wheat bread. MaeMae just liked this a little. :)





3 comments:

  1. yum, nutella. I have it in my cabinet here. Looks like the cooking is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...Nutella. You know what's really good? Put some Nutella on one piece of bread, marshmallow on another, stick 'em together like a sandwich, dip the sandwich in an egg batter (like you make for french toast), and then heat the whole thing up (like french toast). It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the 2 preggers gals enjoyed this post! :)

    Nutella has to be the best thing ever! It's been fun cooking since I have a little more time to do so. I'll have to try that nutella/marshmallow toast delight! Sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete