Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Calvin and his quips...


At dinner I always ask Calvin or Mary Katherine if they'd like to say the blessing before we eat and they both emphatically refuse, no..."you do it mama". So, I am the blessing giver for the most part...until tonight! We (the 4 of us, Ben was still at the hospital until very late) sat down to get ready to pray and Calvin said, "I'll say the blessing, mama!" It was so sweet. Let's see if I get all this correctly...I may miss a line or 2 but here's the gist...

"Dear God, thank you for this beautiful day. Thank you for keeping us safe and for holding back the rain. Thank you for this food. Amen"

When he finished, I told him how wonderful his blessing was and how proud I was of him for saying it. You could see the pride in his face for being such a big boy. It brought a few tears to my eyes to see his joy and to know that he does actually listen! :)


Some other heart-tuggers of late by Calvin:


As I am pushing the buggy (aka stroller) down our steps, Calvin rushes over to say:
"Mom, let me help. I can pick Caroline up in the front and help you down the steps."
To which I replied, "thank you so much, Calvin. What a gentleman."
Calvin, without a second thought, says "it's my pleasure, mom."



One day Calvin ran into the living room, as proud as he can be and says, "Mom! I didn't pee on the seat! Not one little drop!"



On our walk down to school today, Calvin said, "Mom, Jesus told me in my heart that it wasn't going to rain today."

You see, rain is not a good thing for us since we walk down to catch the bus and then walk around the village all day. I have been asking God (aloud) to hold off the rain for us while we are walking and the kids have picked up on that, I guess. So sweet!



Last night, Calvin and I were in the kitchen while Ben was getting the girls started in their baths. Calvin asked me, "mom, when people get married do they live together?" "Yes, Calvin, that's what you do when you get married." I replied. He thought for a minute, "well, I don't want to do that, I just want to live with you and dad." :)


He has gotten so quick-witted and funny. It's amazing how much he's grown in the last year.


1 comment:

  1. Those pics are awesome!! Looks like your doing great, I'm so proud of you! I love and miss y'all tons!

    ReplyDelete