Sunday, July 24, 2011

What a whirlwind we have been in the last few weeks. I need to finish our last week on NZ with calvins last day at school and our last day together. Until then, just to update on our first week back to America...

The kids did great flying and after 30 plus hours we made it back to Coumbia at midnight. We finally unwound and nestled in the bed ( I say THE bed) because all 4 of us were snug in my old room in one bed. After a fun evening of elbows, feet and arms in my face we slept in a bit and even managed a trip to Wal-Mart. Oh it was like being a kid in a candy store with all the stuff, all the choices and all those Rollbacks! That's a story in itself!

After a day of half-way unpacking I found myself repacking for my annual trip to Dallas for my Mary Kay seminar. For some reason an early flight seemed logical but Wednesday at 3:30AM I was rethinking that logical decision. My consultant and friend, Anna, and I pulled ourselves together and made the flight (thanks dad for the ride at 4am!) in time for breakfast at our hotel.

The Kids enjoyed a fun weekend with Mimi and Papaw and loved Chuck E. Cheese, museum and the Zoo. They had a blast and loved being spoiled since mamas been gone.

Ben sorted the movers on Saturday and had a long week alone in Stonehaven. He's in Sydney until Thursday then he's off to Taiwan. In Sydney he will be visiting the burn unit as well as other areas. It's been hard not being together and we miss him terribly. However we know this will help him greatly in his career and are opportunities of a lifetime he's experiencing now. Can't put a pricetag on that!

This week I plan to update with photos and get ready for Kentucky and then time at the beach. We are so blessed to be home safely and to have so many loves ones to see.

1 comment: