Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sold!


The Cherry Bomb is sold! After posting the Audi on TradeMe (Kiwi Ebay), Ben had a call, literally, within 10 seconds of pushing the "post" button. The guy came over on Saturday (maybe an hour or 2 after calling), took a look at the car, said he was interested and wanted to bring his wife over to see it. They came by this morning (Sunday), took her for a test spin and then came back and wanted to buy it. They are coming over Monday morning, cash in hand, to take away the ol' red ryder. I can not believe how fast it went! We've had over 500 views on the post in less than 30 hours. Amazing!

Now, ol' Blue Belle isn't having the same luck. However, that is totally fine because we still need the car to tote to and fro school, etc... So, I know God will help us find the right buyer for ol' reliable. He certainly had a hand in this sale! This buyer, who is from Fiji, was just in a car accident and needed a car asap. He and his wife seem like very nice, honest people and we're so happy to be able to help him out as much as he's helping us out. We are still in shock over how quickly this has transpired!

Ben will be taking the bus to work tomorrow. He has never ridden the public transportation here so I find it amusing that the car sold as quickly as it did, leaving us with one car for 2 weeks. We may get a rental but really so many kiwi families have one car and make it work. Surely, surely! we can make it work for 2 weeks. So, if I can take the bus with 3 kids and carry on our daily activities, I believe Ben can enjoy the ride as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment