Monday, June 27, 2011

Cobar

On Saturday evening, we got a babysitter and went out for a fab dinner with our best buds. It was a fantastic night full of laughter, stories, memories & amazing food. Ben and I arrived about half an hour early to enjoy a nice bottle of wine and some quiet adult talk before the party arrived to the restaurant. We chose Cobar, a fine-dining establishment in our very own Days Bay, one of the best in Wellington.

I am so going to miss these gals (& guys too) for they have been so kind, loving and open to me and our family. The friendship we have formed in this short amount of time means so much to me. I feel in life when you find those gems, those true gal pals that you can share life with, you hold on to them and cherish them. I feel so blessed to have gotten to know Tanya, Sinead and Jude and look forward to our adventures in the future! We are already talking about "where in the world" our next dinner will be. :)

Diggin' into some mack daddy oysters!

Gary

Jude

My entree (appetizer) was fantastic: smoked salmon in the jar and normal salmon in the middle.
Mmm...like inhaling a big ol' plume of campfire...yummy though!

Gary's dessert: a cheeseboard with a side of port. :)

Ben and I shared this fab dessert but unfortunately, due to the wonderful wine which was flowing at dinner, I can't remember the name. It did involve pineapple fritters, this I do remember!

Modeling the handmade necklace Ben gave to me early for our anniversary.

Tanya and Steve

Matthew and Sinead

Tanya, me, Sinead & Jude

With our men. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment