Sunday, June 12, 2011

Checking in after a camera hiatus!

After having withdrawals from my camera being the shop, I finally have it back! I was so lost without it...like I was without an appendage. But, never fear, I will be back in action asap!

We are going over our moving quotes and deciding what to take, what to keep, etc... 1 month and 2 days to go and what a whirlwind it will be. So much to do...thank goodness mom and dad are coming in a couple weeks to help out here and help me get back home (in one piece and with my sanity) with the kids. So, we will enjoy each moment we have until then. It's funny when you know you are about to move or leave you cherish the moments so much more than if you aren't...when we're just living everyday life. That's such a great lesson for me to remember that each day counts and to live it to the fullest. I find myself really trying to make the most of my time with Ben, the kids and friends while we are here whereas before I knew we had plenty of time.

The clock is winding down and it truly will be a bittersweet moment. Not only will we be leaving sweet friends and our life in NZ, we will be leaving Ben behind. It makes me tearful to think of the 2 months we'll be apart, but also thankful that it's only 2 months and not a year or 2 years as military families have to endure. I know the time will fly for all of us during that time as we get settled, find a rental, get the kids started in school and visit with family as it will for Ben as he operates like a madman in Taiwan.

So, until then, "cherish is the word I use to describe..." our days.


Running with all his might! Calvin the soccer star!
Calvin loves to play goalie but, like the former coach/loud mom I am, I yell to him to get out of the box and help his teammates on the field. Finally he took his wise mama's advice and using his soccer skills, "dribbled" the ball from his goalie box down the field to his team's goal and promptly scored his team's first goal. This all happened in a matter of less than 2 minutes! It was so cute and he was so proud. He then ran back down the field and parked it in the goalie box. He did manage to come out and play more this week than before so he's getting better at that. He's a good little player and we are so happy to see him enjoying it.
MaeMae, on the other hand, makes a great cheerleader for Bubba! Her interests are ballet and gymnastics and she's great at both. (Don't we think our kids are great at all they do! :)

The game just plum wore him out...

Well, maybe I have a little more energy to play on the beach!

Sweet cheeks...sister knows how to smile for the camera! MaeMae has her very first ballet recital coming up next weekend. She's super excited about it and the hot pink tutu she gets to wear in it. It'll be adorable, I'm sure!

After soccer on Saturday, the kids and I stopped in to the 4Square to grab some necessities. Oreos (which we haven't had since we've been in America, one reason being this small box ws $3.50) were top of the list among the various biscuits from which to choose. Poor Caroline was napping when these were destroyed...she doesn't even know what she missed. They were devoured in record time!
Deee-lish!

No comments:

Post a Comment