Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Eve

We were so fortunate to have special guests on New Year's Eve. Ben's biology professor from Wofford, George Shiflet, and his beautiful wife, Angela were passing through Wellington and were able to stay the night with us. They are travelling around for one year and were spending time in NZ for a bit. It was a wonderful evening. We thoroughly enjoyed their company and our time with them. They are very sweet and kind and I see why George is one of Ben's favorite teachers of all time.

For dinner, I cooked rack of lamb, homemade mashed potatoes and peas with a wonderful salad made by Ben and sourdough bread. Guacamole and brie & crackers started off our NYE dinner and I finished it with a strawberry & kiwi pastry.

They, unfortunately, had to leave first thing in the morning to catch the Interislander to the South Island but we look forward to talking with them again. What a great New Year's!







No comments:

Post a Comment