Cicadas have been out in full force the last month or two. It takes us back to a time in Cincy when the 7 year cicadas rose from their burroughs in the ground and covered everything. That was insane! Some areas were just black with all of them and when you drove you'd splat loads on your windshield. They even crept into our house on Minto through the chimney! Craziness I say!
On Sunday, we had dinner with one of Ben's attendings Craig McKinnon and his lovely family. They have a fab house in Khandallah with an even more fab view of the city and harbour. It was lots of fun, relaxing and laid back. I was able to meet Swee Tan and his family, as well.
Dr. Swee Tan, Ben, Dr. Craig McKinnon & Dr. Hawkins enjoying a coffee after our barbecue. (Technically, the surgeons are called Mister. A very honored title that is earned.)
Calvin also got new jammies from GP and Grandma, of which he's worn every night since getting them. :) They were a hit! As were the Ramen noodles, Excedrin migraine meds and other threads. Thank you, GP and Grandma!!!!
The rope swing has been the source of hours of entertainment as well as hours of fighting. "It's MY turn!" "No, it's MY turn!"
Ol' Cherry Bomb was out of commission all last week so we journeyed on the faithful bus to and fro school. The first day I forgot to grab the buggy out of the boot (trunk) of my car before Ben took it so I had to use the backpack for CB. It was fine going down our hill but after walking around town a bit and then walking back UP the hill, my back was just a little sore afterwards. Needless to say, I learned my lesson and remembered to get the buggy out the car as soon as Ben got home from work. You take for granted the resources you have until they are taken away. I was so thankful to get the car back!
No comments:
Post a Comment