This morning at 2:19am we had another quake...a 4.7 and 10km NE of Upper Hutt. (We live in this area.) And, we our 3 quake of the week today at 12:55pm, a 3.7 in the same spot. I didn't feel the 3rd one but Ben and I both awoke from the tremor of the one last night. It was crazy, surreal and eerie. We got up, looked outside through the windows and just waited. Waited for what could happen next. Neither of us got a good night's sleep.
Now, apparently this is very typical for Wellington and people are quite used to it. However, with the current devastation in Christchurch, people are way more on edge and sensitive to all shakes, shivers and tremors. These being the first earthquakes I've ever experienced, I'm anxious and worried all the same. I know God is watching over us and will take care of us in all situations. That alone gives me peace.
Just in case, we do have our earthquake kit assembled and here are bits of it. Loads of bottled up water, tinned food, bucket for a makeshift loo, tp, dust masks, trash bags, etc... Jude and I stocked up on a few items at Mitre 10 today to help make us feel more prepared. It is a reassuring thought to have the emergency kit ready to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment