Friday, February 11, 2011

Back home and off again

When we arrived home, we had quite a surprise. Wolfgang, MaeMae and Calvin were the first ones to the house. They walked to the deck and found something! I came around and heard some commotion and thought, oh my goodness...someone's broken in! As I came around the corner to the back deck, I was completely surprised to find a huge whole in one of the glass windows and the massive pigeon that had created it! It was absolutely crazy to see that this massive bird had run into the window, cracking a huge hole in the glass. Poor little guy didn't make it.



Friday night is Cricket Night during the summer months. We returned home in time for Calvin to make cricket and Wolfgang and Missy were so wonderful to join us. They had fun learning and watching this "new" sport. They even cheered Calvin on and Missy enjoyed helping CW perfect his bowling technique.




Missy is an amazing cook and since she hadn't cooked in almost 2 weeks, she was itching to get in the kitchen. On Saturday, the girls went to the market in Lower Hutt and stocked up on fruit and veg and items for a wonderful lunch. Thank you for treating us Missy with your amazing cooking skills. I learned so much watching as she prepared this lunch.


Tasty boiled/sauted potatoes

Scrumptious strawberry-rhubarb crisp
(After learning this easy and quick way to make a fruit crisp, I made 2 more with blackberries Ben picked from our garden.)

Fantastic fried fish with the potatoes and delicious vege mix. Sooo yummy!


We ate so well and savored every bite! Ben and I also learned much about wine as Missy and Wolfgang are well on there way to being wine conisseurs! They know exactly what type of wine to have with any and every meal. Wonderful!

One last photo :(

Ben took Wolfgang and Missy to the airport with Calvin and MaeMae. It was sad to see them go but we will always cherish the memories! Sweet...as... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment