39 weeks and counting! Little skeeter held on for over 3 weeks dialated at 4 - 6 cms...
40 weeks...seriously?! Will she ever come out?! Must be nice and comfy in there. The good thing about being sick for 8 1/2 months was I didn't gain much weight! :)
YAY! Delivery date is here! Ben and I got up bright and early to go to the hospital on Monday, March 26 to be induced. This little lady was hangin' tight and I didn't want to go into labor and have the opportunity of missing my epidural. Yes, I'm chicken like that. :) The night before mom and dad came up to stay with the kids and Ben and I snuck out, last minute, to see The Hunger Games. We figured we might as well since it might be the last one for a while! (It was great, by the way!) It's been so nice being home to have all this family help. We are truly blessed!
Waiting patiently!
All smiles...for a little while! :)
Calvin and Mary Katherine were in school so we let Caroline come up for a little while. Mom, Dad and Mimi were all here as well as Kimberly and Jennifer. We missed Papaw and Uncle J!
She's here!! This was the shortest labor of all 4...we went in at 6am, got my drugs and water broken about 10am and she arrived around 1pm! She surprised us with a head full of hair and pure sweet chunkiness! She weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs., 8 ounces and 19 3/4 inches. None of us could believe how BIG she was b/c I really was all belly.
Charlotte Etta McIntyre
We have always liked the name Charlotte and Etta was my Great-Grandma Flora's middle name.
Happy Mama!
Calvin had a rough day and needed some extra lovin'. It's been hard on him being the only boy but he's doing great now and adjusting well. He's such a sweet, sensitive soul.
McIntyre...Party of 6!!! Now, guess it's time to change the blog name! :)
Is it too early to sign her up for Sumo Wrestling Classes?
Proud Papa! It was nice to deliver in the same hospital as Ben works in. (well actually they all have been delivered in hospitals he works in except Caroline in VA.) He was able to have Monday and Tuesday off and most of the week but still did rounds and checked on his patients. Convenient!
Our NZ pals, Heidi McKisic from Charlottesville, sent us some sweet as Kiwi baby gear! Ta!
The only time they can sport a mohawk and still be cute. :)
Lovin' being big sisters!!
Post-baby belly :)
To bring home the 4th and tote around our brood, we had to expand to a Suburban. Never thought I'd drive one but with a family of 6, there's nothing else we'd fit in! (a van maybe but we prefer the suv:)
First car seat and car ride!
A little lunch with mom in the hospital
SOOO excited to have their baby sister home! This was a crazy week for the kids at school. The girls both had school pictures and I had no idea til the day before...MK missed her Fancy Friends on Wednesday AND Calvin got out early the day we got home from the hospital...which I didn't know about either! We got home around noon on Wednesday and I happened to check the answering machine. THANKFULLY because there was a recorded message from the principal about early release on Wednesday. I looked at the clock and panicked! It was 12:15 and we were late picking him up. We rushed over to the school and I, 2 days postpartum, waddled my way to the office to get him. He wasn't too upset but I felt terrible. How can so many things happen in just a few days?! I was so glad to be home and get things back to normal.
little mother hen :)
Home at last! Welcome to the craziness, Charlotte Etta!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment