Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Presents, projects & another new change!

It's been a busy few weeks! We are getting settled in and are really enjoying our new home. Ben's work is going well and we are both happy to be home. Lots of updates below and another big change in our lives but a good one!


First...A few shots in front of the tree before GP took them to St. Matthews for school.





Gingerbread house! The kids enjoyed putting it together but after a few days of Caroline eating the candy bits off we finally had to throw the poor thing away. It never had a chance! :)






My attempt to make a homemade wreath with Christmas ornaments...


Not too bad...never mind the white coat hanger. :)


The Columbia City Ballet presents the Nutcracker!! We had a nice time at the Nutcracker...the kids' first ballet (probably last for a while! :) Since they were dressed up I thought it'd be the perfect time to take some Christmas card pics. Well, it was not as successful as I wanted but we did get a few shots. I mean, how hard is it to get 3 active kids to look at the camera at the same time while squinting in the sun and staying clean???


Caroline did not want her picture made...at one point she told me to "stop it mommy!".

The sun was just a tad bright!

Stop!!

Handsome little fella

At the ballet, they did well and were just a bit antsy. Luckily, we had no one around us (we went to the first show in the afternoon) so we didn't bother anyone. We even made it to dinner at Harper's afterwards...what a nice treat!







A little cookout with some Columbia friends and their kids! (see more below)


A party's not complete without princesses!



We celebrated MaeMae's birthday Monday night. We started with some presents from us then we had a little surprise for dinner...



Chuck E. Cheese!! MK has been dying to go to this place for a while now (why, I'm not totally sure:) so we thought it'd be nice to surprise them all with a trip for her birthday. They were so excited when they saw us pull up!


The carousel was a hit with the girls!





Even Ben had a good time playing the games!

Good shot dad!!

Family photo at Chuck E. Cheese! Fun times were had by all!


Mary Katherine had cupcakes at school for her birthday and I was able to get a good shot of her and each of her teachers. She will miss them so much. We've decided, after much thinking and praying, to move them to school in Columbia. It's been really hard having them in St. Matthews and us here in Columbia. Mom and dad have been wonderful taking care of them and taking them to school and we will always appreciate their help. I've been driving down several times during the week (although the last 2 weeks, I've made at least 1 trip down) to pick them up from school and spend the night. It's just gotten hard and Ben sees them only on the weekend and a few hours during the week. So, MaeMae will go to Kilbourne Park Baptist Church Preschool (CB will go Tuesday and Thursdays!!!:) and Calvin will start at Brennen Elementary.

I was worried about telling the kids but they really handled it well and are okay with it. We've tried to reinforce that they'll have lots of friends here and can have them over to play, etc... Last weekend we had some Columbia friends over and the kids had a ball with their new buddies. There were 10 kids and they were worn out afterwards! I think they'll adjust quickly but initially I know it'll be tough. I am praying this is the last big change we'll have for a long while. The kids need consistency and stability and hopefully, now, we'll have it with them here in Columbia with us.

"Miss" Cindy

"Miss" Melissa

"Miss" Terry

Calvin had his first science project due this week. They had to make a 3-D animal (choosing from a mammal, amphibian, etc...). After some deliberation he went with a sheep. We made a salt dough sheep base then covered him with lots of cotton balls. They also had to find 3 facts, write them on cards and be able to present it to the class. He says it went well!


Just a few more days of school and we'll start our Christmas break!! Ben and I are so excited to have the kids home for good and to start getting them settled in. It'll be a fun 17 days of break! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment