Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The McIntyre family reunion was just wonderful! The kids had a blast with their cousins, which they've been talking about sine we were in NZ. Memom had 4 baby pools for the kids and they luckily got a good play in before it rained. There was a ton of good ol' southern food. Fried chicken, white half runners, Mac and cheese, hash brown casserole, Texas sheet cake and sooo much more. Dee-licious! I'm so thankful we were able to make it but we missed the menfolk, Ben, Jonathan and Brian.

Memom working hard to get everything for the day's festivities. She has always had the most amazing garden. It's so peaceful to sit on her porch or swing in her porch swings and take in all the peace and beauty.

Funny: When I was pregnant with Caroline, 2 summers ago, I drove from Charlottesville to KY for my cousin's wedding. On the way, we stopped to stay with Memom overnight. While enjoying the porch and relaxing, Calvin, MaeMae and Memom were on the swing when all of a sudden...CRASH! Ye olde porch swing had swung its last swing and crashed to the ground, passengers and all. It scared me to death and thankfully they were all safe and sound and unbruised. I about had Caroline right then and there!

Lovin' the baby pools!

3 little monkeys sittin' in the pool






Memom shared a word about her dear sister Mickey. She was deeply missed at the reunion.




We received an awesome surprise Saturday night after the reunion. Ben called me through skype and said he was coming home from Taiwan early! It was a blessing and we were so excited. I didn't tell the kids so that they'd have a nice surprise.

He flew from Taipei to Tokyo (on a Chinese airline built for its race, in other words Ben was the Jolly Green Giant compared to the rest of the plane's passengers so he felt a bit like a sardine on that first leg) to Atlanta (ahh Delta!) to Myrtle Beach. Monday night I picked him up from the airport and have never been so happy to see him. After our tearful and painful good-bye in Wellington it was sheer joy that we felt having him home safe and sound.

Now we are spending time at the beach as planned and trying to figure out where we go from here. Coming home 7 weeks early has changed our plans significantly but it just means now we can begin our lives sooner. First relax then find a new home, car, doctors, etc... Should be fun!


1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! I love the story about the swing. I'm always afraid that's going to happen to the one on our front porch.

    ReplyDelete