Friday, September 2, 2011

Laps, Artists & Singapore

Calvin has truly gotten comfortable in school. Just this week he was too chatty at lunch and had to walk 5 laps around the playground and sit 5 minutes on the wall. When I asked him how he felt about getting in trouble and having to walk laps he replied, "I got good exercise!" Oh goodness...what are we in for! He got another "little chatty" note again on Friday. We may have to work on this little social butterfly. A nice change from the beginning of school when he cried during drop-offs.

A fabulous new routine is in our drop-off and pick-up. Now instead of walking the kids in, they have a drop-off line. It's been the best thing ever! The teachers are so sweet. They walk up, open the door, greet the kids and take them out the car. They have no choice, just get out and go! So awesome! I love it!



After some time with Sissy the kids and I headed over to the Mad Platter to have an evening of artistry. :) I was so inspired after my girls night out (see below) that I thought the kids would enjoy some painting themselves. Caroline and MaeMae chose butterflies and Calvin chose a Lightning McQueen piggy bank. We all had alot of fun and the kids fell into bed when we finally got home at 9pm.







I was invited to a Palmetto Paint & Pour party where I painted this little guy. It was so intimidating sitting in front of plain, blank canvas and seeing what we were going to paint. It went really well and was alot of fun. I was so excited how nicely this turned out. We'll have to find a good spot for this fun little guy.




Ben made it back over to the other side of the world, again, for the Tri-Society Head and Neck Oncology Meeting in Singapore. He was chosen to give a presentation (a few were chosen to give 10 minute presentations and he was one! the others gave 5 minute presentations.). He was able to Facetime with us the first day he was there (we've missed his other calls! :( and it was so cool to see him live, from across the world. The presentation went well and he'll head on back to America on Sunday. It'll be his last international trip, for now, and the next few weeks will be focused on house-hunting!


No comments:

Post a Comment